Workout Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I normally do 6 days on 1 day off. I'm at the gym usually about 2 hours per day. I know a lot of people and tend to always get asked to spot people, so I'll take 30 minutes off for BSing. So I do about 90 Minutes. Usually about 60 minutes of weight training and 30 minutes of cardio / core exercises.

I don't do the sauna. I don't feel the need to further dehydrate myself. I will do some tanning a few days a week but for only 10-15 minutes per time.

As far as times are concerned... I usually need to stick to the same times Mon - Friday due to work. But Saturday or Sunday I always go at a different time.

I'd recommend finding a partner to workout with to start off. May-be a personal trainer for a few sessions. Just to learn the exercises in proper form. Then go off on your own. I normally work out with women only. I found that working out with women is less competitive than working out with a guy. You will push yourself harder to "Show-off" and a woman will push herself harder to "keep up". So there is great motivation on both ends. Plus, if the women are hot, it's makes for great viewing pleasure also. It also keeps you going back for more and more and more...

I would suggest getting some of this Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now! - I use it on a daily basis - works great with no fat.

That's the Whey Protein I use. Double Rich Chocolate Flavor. I use 2 scoops per serving with 10oz of fat free milk. I've found that this Brand and product to be best for me. Many, many many other protein powders i've tried tear me up "gas" wise. The protein linked above is great on my GI system.

sort of a necro post, but I've started my work out sessions, and was wondering if there were like any comprehensive diet plans, or sites that let you like customize a diet plan based on what you can handle in terms of eating and stuff. I know like don't eat mcdonalds and drink lots of soda and sugary/fatty (greasy fatty) foods, but are there any ways to get the most out of a diet? cause i know to get like a six pack the best way is to eat like a higher sodium diet or something.

it might actually be a good idea to get a trainer once or twice. i never went to one until i had a free assessment at my gym and i seemed to be in horrible shape. 27% body fat! i dont look that fat btw. i was doing isolated workouts at the time but they said i need a lot of core / foundation work and put me on full body workouts. so it may be a good idea to get a trainer once or once a month or something just to get the professional guidance for the long term. i would first find out what the trainer is going to do tho, just make you do your sets or will he suggest a proper work out based on your abilities and goals. an assessment including muscle weight / body fat would be good as well to be included in the training.

And be cautious about injuries. Listen to your body if you feel some unusual pain, not just a workout pain but a hurt pain. I did something with my rotary cuff earlier last year military pressing 285lbs. I had a spotter as usual but when I lifted it off the rack I felt something weird in my right shoulder, but I went ahead and lifted it anyways. I did the lift but the next day I was paying for it. So I rested my shoulder for about 8 months using light weights. So I started working out with lock outs simulating the bench and targeting the upper portion of my bench. Well I finally did 600lbs for 1 rep and recently benching 405lbs. Again the same shoulder felt weird but the next day I was fine. Then about 2 weeks ago I tried the military press once again and got up my best ever at 315lbs. Well now my shoulder is in a lot of pain but only if it's raised like doing shoulder presses and such. Sleeping on my right arm hurts. So no more heavy lifting for a while, a long while. I need this to heal and it will take some time for sure. So be careful:cool:<O:p</O:p

lol
:p
the op is banned

and learn of osi...be very careful with military press...and I think it's ok to say this...but BE LIKE ME...when you work out...and use very very light weights :D

I only do 120lb on military press...starting with 20 reps at 90 to 12-16 reps at 120

I will not take any chances with shoulders man :D

Last time I hit the bench press I was doing about 150 pounds. But after quite a while of working out my puny forearms. Maybe I can do a little more this time around.

Its hard to truly work out with weak lower arms. But I m taking my time and pacing myself. Results take time, dedication, and an IQ higher then 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom