Workout Questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCRMYZ

Banned
I asked a few questions back pertaining to this matter I had some serious questions to ask pertaining to muscle building and others.

I was wondering would it be bad to mix muscle milk with a chocolate milk shake?

Also does anyone know a program that makes workout schedules or a site that can help me. I want to have a workout routine that I follow.

Any other advice I should know? On good note I got a gym membership at LA Fitness for 3 Years/849. Yes I know, cheap cheap cheap.

Is it worth getting a personal trainer, I have ties with the guy at LA Fitness he's been captain of the wrestling and football team and one of the biggest workout artists there, he said he would skip the ******** routines and work with me on whatever I wanted. He's asking 25$ an hour, which isn't bad.

Anyone know a website where It can teach me visually how to use the machines.

I hope that isn't to many questions, well I apreciate the time if your read this long paragraph and thanks on future replys.

Don't bother with a personal trainer. As for workout routines and stuff, bodybuilding.com is awesome. They have like thousands of articles about routines and supplements and anything else yo ucould need.

Lots of information here:

John Stone Fitness Forums - Powered by vBulletin - good questions posted by members
TESTOSTERONE NATION - random articles
Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site. - someone mentioned this already
ExRx.net Exercise & Muscle Directory - exercise muscle directory
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=r...Q9V7hvdLeoczjy5iQ&sig2=f1qnPwJyEoCyn4KiUchtLQ - max ot training guide - helped me gain lots of muscle

Well appreciated guys.

Quick question I'm 15 going on 16 and I'm 5"8 I've been advised not to workout to hard do to stunting of the growth, does anyone know anything about this?

You are definitely not too young. Personally, I would avoid / use minimal amounts of supplements at your age. Just focus on keeping your diet clean and strong, no need for Muscle Milk. And yes, I wouldnt lift too hard, but lift moderalty (3x a week). You can throw in some running and other sports on the other 4 days. Also, one common mistake that new gym goers make is that they don't realize how important rest days are! Rest days help your muscle relax and grow. Your muscle doesn't grow in the gym (actually, it tears), it grows during the times when you are not working out (assuming you are providing the adequate nutrition for it to grow). So, rest days are common.

A sample workout plan (brief, though you should get more detailed than this):

Monday - Chest/Triceps/(Shoulders?)
Wednesday - Legs
Friday - Back/Biceps/(Shoulders?)

You should focus on whole and compound exercises - running, playing basketball/baseball/football/whatever and do some light training in the gym.

I started to lift weights when I began playing football in HS. I started to lift weights around the age of 17 but never really got into it until I was 18. Looking back now, I didn't put in as much effort as I'd like to have. I found John Stone Fitness Forums to be of great help, as many of the posts answered some of the questions I had. Go there and learn a lot, it will help you.

You can get a jump start with focusing on proper diet and avoiding junk foot and chips. I ate these kind of foods, in uncontrolled amounts, at a young age and it wasn't great. I shaped up and it took approximately 6-7 months of intense lifting/cardio to get all the fat off of me that I've accumulated since my preteen ages. I went from 210 lbs (mostly fat) to 170 (mostly muscle). I had a fairly fatty chest (with manboobs) and now my chest is rock solid with an actual formation. Anyway, without going into a longer story, work on your diet. If you want some quick pointers as to how to start this or what type of foods you should eat, let me know.

---

I reread your first post. Few things:

1) No need for a trainer - you have all the resources online. I would first focus on getting on track and building a strong foundation. Should you decide to get into professional bodybuilding, it might help.

One way to avoid a trainer (nothing wrong with them, but it will save you $) is to work out with friends who have a strong knowledge on the proper forms o how to do exercises. While I personally like to workout by myself, I would suggest going with someone else and seeing how they do it.

2) Muscle milk contains too much fat. Avoid it. I would suggest getting some of this Bodybuilding.com - Optimum 100% Whey Protein - With Faster-Acting HYDROWHEY! On sale now! - I use it on a daily basis - works great with no fat.

3) You asked about how to use machines, which is good. For the machine exercises you do, you need proper form. Might I suggest focusing on exercises that utilize dumbbells and barbells? They are the best types of exercises for muscle-building. I can go into why, but I will not (gladly will if you want). Machine exercises also have their place.

actually going with a personal trainer for a little while might be a good thing, like for 2 weeks maybe and just get to know all the machines and get a routine down with the guy and then just take it on yourself.

I'm on the off season(s) I'm a tennis and basketball player, but not doing bball this year, so I'm getting ready to work off the christmas season fat and get in shape for some spring tennis!!!

but yeah, at your age (also mine, 16 going on 17) don't do tons of strenous stuff, just do light lifting, and just do tons of sports and a lot of running/cycling/swimming. swimming is the best because it works a lot of your muscles, arms, upper chest, and legs and is very easy on joints because your in water and there isn't a lot of resistance. but just play a lot of sports, and have fun with it.

Ditto on the swimming - I swam a lot this summer and it was amazing. It tightens up your body.

If you go on the exrx website I posted above, it has aniimated gifs for all of it's exercises (separated by muscle category) on the proper form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom