wont shut down

club203

Beta member
Hi everyone im new here.
I finally decided to try and get some help. My computer will not shut down,when i try to shut it down it automatically restarts,
Any suggestions

club203 said:
Hi everyone im new here.
I finally decided to try and get some help. My computer will not shut down,when i try to shut it down it automatically restarts,
Any suggestions
Ya include your Windows version.Stop useing restart.Use Shutdown.
:eek:

Im using win 98se,if i do use shut down it will automatically restart,I did get a virus in my computer but that was all cleaned out,but after that my comp never shut down.

Firstly, there is a problem with the shut down speeds of window 98 and SE machines, (I think theres a patch somehwere). Secondly I had this trouble on my machine once, i spent three hours with it hooked up to ma diagnostic PCi card and found no problems, removed the pci card, moved a few internal cables, and the problem was solved> i'm not saying this is a scientific, generic fix, but it worked for me.

Secondly go to the ms updates website and downlaod all the patched etc, insight!

P.S
Back up all your work to CD-Rom or floppy, as you may turn it on and find it won't start up!

club203 said:
Im using win 98se,if i do use shut down it will automatically restart,I did get a virus in my computer but that was all cleaned out,but after that my comp never shut down.
1.This is not a virus problem.OK with that ?
2.What do you mean by shut down ? Can't you use the Power supply switch for now ?
3.Theres a setting in Windows to control this.It happened to me.
More as i sleep on it.
;)

I can shut it down if i turn off the main power supply at the back off the computer,but if i click on start and then shut down it will practically shutdown there is like a click noise then it will re start

club203 said:
I can shut it down if i turn off the main power supply at the back off the computer,but if i click on start and then shut down it will practically shutdown there is like a click noise then it will re start
Then i must ask this,Did it ever shutdown ? Is this a new 98se install ?
Try the Ctrl/Alt/Del shutdown and see if theres something there resetting it.
Sorry,Don't use restart wasn't necessary.
:eek:

Back
Top Bottom