WMP vs. VLC (just got curious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
if your VLC isn't up to date...try updating it to the newest version. It was happening to me with a few of my movies and it was fixed after the update.

They are close enough, and I did a little comparison of the intro while running both at the same time. I just really notice that around his neck and his arm during that last part of the intro the WMP looks better.

Oh, and this makes me sad because for the past year I have been preaching that VLC is the best. It still probably is because it plays almost every kind of media that you use it for, and even tries to play media that it cant ha. I'll make sure it is up to date later, and do a quick comparison. But probably nothing in depth... it's not THAT big of a difference.

imo this screenshot violates the no discussion of torrenting rule. OP is clearly flaunting the fact that he uses uTorrent and is baiting other users into a "what's your favorite torrent client" poll.

also i'm weary as to the legality of that episode of house

ban.

Close, but no cigar. It is a screenshot, but not a discussion of activity. Several have posted screenshots that included info they didn't mean to share. I have even posted one or two with ip information in the search box (not mine, but having to do with the forum, nonetheless).

While I do see your point and can draw the same conclusions (icon, file name), it is purely circumstantial.

imo this screenshot violates the no discussion of torrenting rule. OP is clearly flaunting the fact that he uses uTorrent and is baiting other users into a "what's your favorite torrent client" poll.

ban.

Has anyone else IN THE ENTIRE THREAD mentioned anything about torrent clients? Go home and sleep it off mate :tongue:

There is nothing Illegal about Uttorent, nor a file named dexter.s04e10.hdtv.xvod-fqm.avi.
And that is all that you can see :)

But VLC is better than WMP. It opens quicker, i prefer it's appearance and it seems to play better. Also, WMP occasionaly has audio syncing issues where it would be noticeabley out of time.

also i'm weary as to the legality of that episode of house (PSSST THE FOLDER IS EMPTY)

ban.
I am pretty sure you are trying to troll.
/acknowledgment

I might do a mini review/article comparing the 2 after finals. I wanted to do something like this anyway for a raffle thingy anyways. I'll post back.

There is nothing Illegal about Uttorent, nor a file named dexter.s04e10.hdtv.xvod-fqm.avi.
And that is all that you can see :)

But VLC is better than WMP. It opens quicker, i prefer it's appearance and it seems to play better. Also, WMP occasionaly has audio syncing issues where it would be noticeabley out of time.

yea i've noticed the audio issues with WMP :| I CAN'T STAND THAT :| makes me want to punch my monitor and sling it across the room :|

ban.
A. Not a single person before you mentioned anything about any icon on his desktop. I have several desktop screen shots in several threads that show the µTorrent Icon and no one has ever turned it into a thread about which client is better.

B. That is not a episode of House.

VLC takes a lot less resources. On my buddy's netbook playing certain videos in WMP lags almost to the point of being unwatchable but the same videos play just fine in VLC. SO for older or less powerful computers VLC is a winner. Also VLC has different rendering modes DirectX and open GL does anyone notice a difference between those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom