WMP error

jonreeves2000

Baseband Member
I have been getting this error "atidvag display driver error" when playing a download using wmp. I have the latest version of wmp, XP service pack 2 and have tried everything possible including uninstalling, but to no avail. I have even reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled all the programs, but the same thing continues! What else can I possibly do?

Hey FlightSimBoy: Thanks, but can you help me further? I cannot seem to find from that link which driver update to use for my laptop (Toshiba, Satellite 1900 with a Mobility M6 ati display adapter). That would be great.

Thanks a lot!

My old IBM had the same problem with BSOD'ing coming up with an error with atidvag,the only way to fix it is to get better drivers as Flightsimboy said.

Hey FlightSimBoy: Thanks, but when I did download the file from your link, I got a msg that the driver is not compatible with my laptop! What do u do, what do I do??

ok, well.... i have no idea why it wouldnt be compatible, its for your graphics card... its probably because its a "3rd party" driver that is not supported by ATi or anyone else for that matter...

i have no idea how to work on that, because ive never had a problem with that before. im sure another member on the forum can help you with this situation. sorry i couldnt be more help, as i said, i really dont have any problems with incompatible drivers... hope you can get this sorted out

that was an exe link. most ati drivers come as packages which sucks. they seem to be picky with drivers. i like the good old fashioned folder full of files which you can use to update in dev manager

Back
Top Bottom