WMP 11 Released

MikeReiner said:
sorry nate, but if I had $200, and had to choose between a legit XP and a new CPU, it's rather obvious what I will do.

It says I don't have the WGA tool, but I still can't install wmp11. :\

Well, the key I'm using must be weird then, cause' Windows says I don't have a genuine copy, and I have removed WGA... And I can install any MS product and/or updates. (Even before I removed WGA, I could install/update whatever I wanted)

This is what I did - installed a SP1 version - got the Jelly bean key changer thing - put in new SP2 key - windows still says I have not genuine - yet it still acts like a legit version - Only reason I removed WGA is cause' it kept popping up, was annoying... It didn't actually stop me from installing anything.

Do you have XP Pro or what? That's what I'm using.

I love it. It's so much faster than Beta 2. :D I don't even have a genuine copy of Windows. All it takes is the simple bypassing of WGA. :D

I like version 11. Version 10 just didn't want to work well on any PC I put it on and I never could figure it out. I really like the new interface on version 11 and it runs pretty smooth too, the only thing I don't like is the URGE music store, but it's not too bad.

You can always uninstall it. When you install it, just choose not to install the URGE music store. Simple as that.

Wow, Microsoft has another full release?!?!?!?? I love MICROSOFT now!!!!!! First IE7 comes out and now Media Player 11? I'm officially excited now. Let me look for it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

Yes!!! I just played an MP3 and watched a quick video clip. Works great. I notice the Media Player file icon changed. I thought at first glance, it may have been an iTunes file :p.

I love the slick black look. Greatest Windows Media Player version of all time!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom