Wisdom teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't have vicodin, in fact don't think we have vicodin here but i had some dang strong stuff. really it's only the first 3 days that might be a problem but generally they make sure you are drugged enough to not care. after those three days it may be a little uncomfortable until the stitches have dissolved and the swelling subsides but tolerable

I need to get mine out sometime...

what did people do in the old days when these wisdom teeth grew in? how did they get them pulled? Just with pliars and wiskey I suppose... :p

I had my 4 wisdoms pulled in mid June a week after graduating high school. Anesthesia is the best thing ever, I felt sooooo cool when I woke up. I was hitting on the hot nurse too the whole time she was taking me out to my mom's car; i hear a lot of people do that.
I got the nice ibuprofren plus vicodin (which didn't live up to the hype).
Bleeding stopped after like 3 hours (seriously) which I didn't expect at all. I had a really good oral surgeon.
Little tip: don't eat much in the way of solid foods or drink pop for at least 4-5 days after you get it done. If you do prematurely you raise the risk of developing a dry socket. That **** hurts like crazy and can get really infected if you're not careful. I ate Jello, macaroni, and mountain dew while I was recovering and all the pop gave me a dry socket. I kept it clean though and used mouth wash once I got healed and it didn't get infected or anything. But watch out for them .

I have all of my wisdom teeth... they were bothersom for a bout a week after the first two came in...

but now I have all of them, and they are all strait... and there is no pain

I wonder what my dentist would say?

I was hitting on the hot nurse too the whole time she was taking me out to my mom's car; i hear a lot of people do that.

i hear lots of people stick by the myth of the "hot nurse" they had pretty vehemently :p

good advice though. i had surgery at about 9:00-9:30am and got home at 2:00ish i think that day then spent the day in bed. ate a heck of a lot of yoghurt style things like YoGo not sure if you guys have anything like that and a lot of jelly as well. took me about 3 days before i could really try for something solid which turned out to be pasta anyway. one of my problems was that i felt that i didn't have much power in my jaw until the swelling had gone down. so i had trouble eating not because of pain though.

DEFINITELY make sure you get some good mouthwash and use it frequently. i had this stuff called Savacol which i was reccomended (once again not sure if you guys have that) but that stuff worked well. only problem is it does cause a bit of a calcerous build up on your teeth i.e. staining that must be removed by a dentist :( so remember to read labels

As an addition to my last post (i know it's late, i forgot about this thread because i got no email about it), i wouldn't be all that worried if your dentist is good.

I loved being on vicodin (i think i had one step above, too) because i feel like i'm in that surreal dream-like state, much like when you first wake up.

Vicodin just made it harder for me to fall asleep. After the second day I think I was only taking them in the evenings when my jaw would start to get on my nerves. If I ever get anything done again I'm gonna have to ask for codein (sp?)

I found that during the first 48 hours after having them out, cold was my friend. I had a flexable ice pack that i wrapped around my jaw, I used it about 8-10 times a day until my jaw got numb, then I placed it back in the freezer until using it again. I also drank alot of milkshakes which also helped to keep my jaw cool and lessened any swelling. The only other thing I took for discomfort was advil.

Mine are coming through at the moment, they suck, becuase they do! I have had 4 teeth pulled already and it sodding hurt, I was only under local, so i saw everything, and its horrid pair of sodding pliers in your gob with the dentist pulling for his life trying to get the sods out! My mouth didnt stop bleeding for about 5-6 hours becuase I have a very slight problem with blood clotting, i just remember sat at dads work with blood all out of my mouth! Its rough, but its worth it, hope i dont have to have my wisdoms pulled though!

Ruan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom