wiring a remote controled house

ChuNalt787

In Runtime
Hey guys I was looking around and im thinking about wiring up my house to be on a remote control so I can turn off all the lights and such by using a remote control. I was gonna start on a small scale by getting a couple lights not on my house connected wired. Then I was thinking that I would go with a radio wave thing. It doesnt have to be fancy with a touch screen or anything. I was just wondering how I would go about doing such a thing. Can you just buy a transmitter and a reciever to go with it? Anyone got any suggestions?

X-10 has a setup that uses over the ac wiring to control things but it's pricey. Now a Basic Stamp microcontroller has X-10 functions built in. You have to write the program in PBasic and interface the stamp to the power line. Start here for more details. www.parallax.com. This is my hobby. It's lots of fun. Only problem is you're writting the program with no line numbers. ARG...

is there no way to perform the function of turning off the lights with a simple electircal pulse triggered by the remote? I was thinking analouge.

Back
Top Bottom