Wireless

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
My wireless sucks. I need to make it faster. I can't do anything ON IT BECAUSE IT SUCKS. I tried DLing the BF2 patch. It won't work. Hell I can't even use guild wars its TOO SLOW. How do you speed it up. We got the "fastest" line there is. If this is the fastest we might as well go back to dailup. Honsetly the patch is a 280 MB patch. With my old internet I could dl it in 30 minutes. WE got a 6 MB line, which is faster then what we did have. Yet it won't stay up long enough to DO SHIT. I need help how do I make it more reliable. The wireless is on the same floor. God my dad never listens to me. Its a Sinus 154 DSL basic 3 wireless.

Well, wireless is a great option if you have the right kit. I game online on Battlefield 2 over wireless with pings of around 15 to 25ms and downloads are at the speeds I would expect from my connection.

My setup is a Netgear WGT624 v3 Router and I can connect back to the router from ranges upto 300mtrs.

If I was you I'd try connecting wired to the router and see if the connection improves, if it does that that rules out the ISP and points to something within your wireless network, however if the connection doesn't improve this then points to the ISP (internet service provider).

Try the above suggestions and post back the results.

BullDog(UK)

My dads computer is connected by wire its double the speed easy, and thats at avg.

That norrows it down a little, can you update the bios on the router and whats the make for the wireless card your using?.

BullDog(UK)

Sinus 154 DSL, also I've been doing a little research on that router and it's all bad. Many, many people have complained that these don't perform well when using wireless.

With that in mind I suggest trying to update the firmware on the Router or buy a new one.

BullDog(UK)

The bios for the router explain how ya doing that and my wireless card is a 54MPS conceptronic andit says its range is 120 meters. I'm now but 10 meters away with a thin wall and door.

Back
Top Bottom