Wireless Streaming Software

Pezzy

In Runtime
Hi all.

I hope I picked the correct forum for this post.

I have an LG Blu-ray player with my HD television in my living room. The Blu-ray player came with some software that you could install on your computer if you want to use the Blu-ray player's wireless capability to access files on your computer and then view them over your television.

The software is Nero MediaHome 4.

It's basically been working fine. I inserted a USB wireless device into the Blu-ray player, installed the Nero software onto my computer, and then the Blu-ray is able to wirelessly access my router and I can stream pictures, video files, etc.

I've come into some glitches recently: longer wireless access times from the Blu-ray into the computer (lag before the video file finally shows up on-screen on the television and plays); also, two (2) instances of Nero MediaHome in my Startup menu when I launch Task Manager and look at the Startup tab.

I contacted Nero's tech support.....and they said that MediaHome 4 is no longer supported by them and may not be totally compatible with Windows 8 (I have Win 8, 64 bit).

Does anybody know of any similar software that I can use to stream data wirelessly from my computer to my Blu-ray? Files such as jpegs, mpegs, mkv (matroska), etc.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.
Pez

Hi all.

I hope I picked the correct forum for this post.

I have an LG Blu-ray player with my HD television in my living room. The Blu-ray player came with some software that you could install on your computer if you want to use the Blu-ray player's wireless capability to access files on your computer and then view them over your television.

The software is Nero MediaHome 4.

It's basically been working fine. I inserted a USB wireless device into the Blu-ray player, installed the Nero software onto my computer, and then the Blu-ray is able to wirelessly access my router and I can stream pictures, video files, etc.

I've come into some glitches recently: longer wireless access times from the Blu-ray into the computer (lag before the video file finally shows up on-screen on the television and plays); also, two (2) instances of Nero MediaHome in my Startup menu when I launch Task Manager and look at the Startup tab.

I contacted Nero's tech support.....and they said that MediaHome 4 is no longer supported by them and may not be totally compatible with Windows 8 (I have Win 8, 64 bit).

Does anybody know of any similar software that I can use to stream data wirelessly from my computer to my Blu-ray? Files such as jpegs, mpegs, mkv (matroska), etc.

Thanks for any input and suggestions.
Pez

Try this tutorial first and see if it may help
How to stream movies from your PC to your Blu-Ray player - How To Tech Tutorials

That should work well with windows 8 no problem.
I did this last year with my mothers sony blu-ray.
It had no issues going into my shared hard drive and playing any file it could play or view.

Back
Top Bottom