wireless router

stiles1

Baseband Member
well i've had my wireless router for 3 years i think now, it's the typical linksys, anyway it has been working sporatically for all the wireless laptops in the house, sometimes they can't connect other times they run perfect. summed up may parents said enoughs enough and told me to get a new one.

so anyways i guess my question is the obvious what should i look for, or any recommendations for the new router. before i got what was the cheapest thing, but this time round i think i should get a little in site before

i'm not really sure what g/b/a wireless is, right now the one i have is the one zkilla told me to look at. i think it works fine it will give me problems once every couple days for a little while, but to be honest i dunno if the problems are because it is 3 years old. basically once my sister got wireless it is extremely weak, i think the distance might be a little too far but barely, because i am the next room over and i get it fine. and my mom hates it because she just got a laptop this winter and it takes her forever to connect. once connected it's fine, but thats if it connects and after the long time connecting. as i said i dunno if its due to the age.
feet wise i am not sure exacly the distance, it's gotta cover 2 floors up and 3 rooms over

I'd stay away from the usb adapters, just my opinion, but they seem to get hot and don't work nearly as good as PCI adapters (download speeds, etc.)...

again, just my opinion...

the usb adapter are what we already have, seem to work fine. i would say that probably the problem, but the laptops are connecting slowly too so i'll try to solve that problem first. whats your thoughts on those routers?

Back
Top Bottom