Wireless Router Connection Sstuff

stuckwithIT

Beta member
I need some advice on wireless routers please, the issuesare as follows.

I have an excellent and reliable HP Laserjet 1020 USB printerthat I don't want to change. I want toprint to this wirelessly from two separate laptops.

The questions and issues are as follows:

I already have a separate Kodak Hero 7.1 colour printerconnected to my existing wireless router which is a Netgear N150 (suppliedthrough Orange broadband)

This router has an inadequate wireless range for my purposesand I am prepared to buy a higher spec router with a better wireless range. If I get a router with a USB input, can Isimply connect the HP Laserjet to it to enable wireless printing?

In addition, could I also connect an external hard drive tothis router to enable wireless connection to store photos etc and would this bevia one of the Ethernet ports on the router?

Would a dual band router be best?
Hoping someone can help. Thanks

You'd have to look at the specs for the wireless router and make sure that the USB port can be used as a print server port. Likely it can. There are also stand-alone printer server wireless devices which you can use.

I would seriously recommend an actual NAS for network storage-- you can control access to various files better, and using a network cable can be better than trying to squirt data through a USB connection.

Back
Top Bottom