Wireless restarting my comp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishman82

Beta member
I've just been trying to share my net connection to another pc upstairs , got a pair of Netgear MA101 access points given to me so i set them up in ad hoc mode and they find eachother fine. Problem is the internet connected pc randomly restarts after they get the connection (black screen reset), sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes after 5 seconds. I'm probably going to bin the things and get something better unless there is something i've done wrong setting them up. Any ideas?

bishman82

Beta member
Just thought id add, i can ping both computers from each other but the second one cant connect to the internet even though i have the connection shared and both are in the same workgroup.

I just tried the connection sharing wizard on both machines again and restarted both machines but the main one restarts the second it gets into windows.

mikesgroovin

HONK if you route packets
I understand what you are trying to do but I'm having a little trouble trying to envision your setup...or rather, I don't want to assume I know what your setup looks like. Please post a little bit of a diagram with how you are connected to the internet and from there on down to each computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom