Wireless restarting my comp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishman82

Beta member
I've just been trying to share my net connection to another pc upstairs , got a pair of Netgear MA101 access points given to me so i set them up in ad hoc mode and they find eachother fine. Problem is the internet connected pc randomly restarts after they get the connection (black screen reset), sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes after 5 seconds. I'm probably going to bin the things and get something better unless there is something i've done wrong setting them up. Any ideas?

Just thought id add, i can ping both computers from each other but the second one cant connect to the internet even though i have the connection shared and both are in the same workgroup.

I just tried the connection sharing wizard on both machines again and restarted both machines but the main one restarts the second it gets into windows.

I understand what you are trying to do but I'm having a little trouble trying to envision your setup...or rather, I don't want to assume I know what your setup looks like. Please post a little bit of a diagram with how you are connected to the internet and from there on down to each computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom