Wireless networking adapter

Peter Lachowicz

Daemon Poster
is it true that the farther you are away from your computer, the slower the internet will be on the xbox 360, i forgot, but i think that someone told me, but im not sure.

I see the logic with this, the nearer the stronger the signal, even if it doesnt say it does the further you get away it gets slower becuase the signal isnt as high.

the connection doesnt get slower, but it takes more time for the signal to get from the 360 to the router

3 metres is about 3 yards, right? around 30 feet.. most wireless routers (without the long range antennas) only work effectively 25-30 feet. But for gaming, You're going to have trouble getting a good connection that far away.

I know with My 360, We couldn't get further than 15 feet without it starting to lag out on us. (albeit we did use a Third Party Adapter) But Still, The 360 adapter uses the same tech.

I would say it'd be more worth it to you to run an ethernet cable under the baseboards and just bring it out near your 360 rather than have it going with wireless.

Back
Top Bottom