Wireless Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
OK well here is the deal I have a PC here with the USB wireless reciever not the thumbdrive one and I have 2 other "wired" PC's that I need to set up as a network how would I go about doing this. Also I would like to make my wireless PC the Master since it is always on but I can't because It is not hooked up to the modem. Is there a way to get past that?

use a wireless router to connect the wired computers and link them to the wireless system.

For the case of the modem, many routers contain a broardband modem ot share the connection accross the network.

However, this all depends on what internet connection you have... but this is how my network opperates :)

This all depends on where the internet connection enters the network.

If the conncetion comes into the router, all you have to do is configure the primary DNS and gateway IP addresses to that of your router
(start>control pannel>network & internet connections>network connections; then right click on the network adaptor, goto properties, and scroll on the list for "TCP/IP...")
Then the browser should be able to pick up

N.B. it might be worth disabling any firewalls whilst trying to do this. Also, if the browser doesn't work the first time, try removing any internet connections in control panel (and possibly tell your browser to recieve the internet connection through the LAN)

The only other option is to connect an external modem to the wireless PC... but you say thats not possible

This is all I can tell you without more details of your setup...
But, by the sounds of things, I recomend you purchase a broardband router... makes everything sooooo much easier ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom