wireless issues

Huza08

Baseband Member
hi,i have my router set up downstairs in my home.i am in my room on the internet.the signal is very poor.i have 3mb broadband.the signal has to travel through a wall and up the stairs.it keeps disconnecting.i am wondering can i connect a router to another router upstairs so i csn get a better reception?

Wireless works on the principle as a cordless telephone. Walls, glass, brick, etc. will degrade the signal.

For very little money you can run an ethernet cable from the router to a wireless access point upstairs and have a good signal again. My home is wired and I use an AP for this very purpose, works well.

you can use 2 routers (if they support it) yes, or you can buy a repeater. does the same job as 2 routers but is actually designed to repeat the signal and setup is easy, whereas setting up 2 routers takes a bit longer. if youve got money to spend i would invest. if not just review the router placement

thanks guys.im im only 16 but my uncle owns his own business nd i have worked for him lots of times but i dont know how much a repeater costs.i live in ireland.is it hard to set a repeater up? or is cable better?

an ethernet cable would be the best, but if you absolutely cant do that then we can show you where you can get a repeater.

wired solutions are always better, but repeaters are way more convenient. they are pretty easy to setup. just like with most routers, they have wizards you run

Back
Top Bottom