wireless issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysalis

Systems Engineer
Hey guys, I've got a laptop/wireless problem. Just started last night. I've never had any trouble until last night when I installed a program on it. As usual, the program asked me to restart after the install/liveupdate. I did and now I cannot connect to my wireless network. When I go to the network list, It says I have to start the Wireless Zero service... I do that, then I can see all of the routers in my neighborhood. I try to connect to mine; if it does connect, it is only "limited"... most of the time it doesn't connect at all. I try to repair the connection and when i try that, it says failed to renew IP. I checked the router's configuration and it is still set to DHCP like I had it. The wireless router shows the laptop connected, but when i go to the regular router, it shows everything but my laptop.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I also cannot start ICS (internet connection sharing) service.

You install what program? Norton Internet Security? Do you have any encryption (WEP,WPA) setup on the router?

You should change the channel/frequency to see if that will help, than go into the wireless propertie and reenter your passphrase and encryption type again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom