Wireless Is Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pwnz0r

Baseband Member
well im bout to build my own pc, its gonna be in my room so the only option for internet is wireless (loft coversion) the thing is i aint got much money left over n i can afford bout £40, i think thats about $60. n i was thinking of getting this

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=318497

the thing is that this is a basic router n usb reciever, will it disconnect every1 5 mins? everyone i know hu has wireless has d/c's at least once an hour. and also, will this be good enough for gaming multiplayerish? if its not can someone tell me what to do, i have £40 remember.

My wireless internet disconnects alot, but that's because its Wireless-B, and 2-years old.

New Wireless Routers/Cards will be much better at signal, I have never seen my new laptop drop signal with Wireless-G.

You might want to get a pci wireless card. I have a usb wireless stick and it lags alot on lan games and also gets very hot. However it is fine for browsing the internet and msn, but i wouldnt want to try gaming on it.

i game on a wireless USB... it does get quite hot. (edit, actually, i have a small heatsink knocking about... i wonder if i can get the case apart without breaking it?)

my wireless G connection needs resetting (by turning the rouer off and on) about every half hour when me AND my brother are connected, but it is fine with only one of us on.

I have 54mbps G wireless in my apartment, one pc hooked up to the router on a LAN and another on the WAN. I have never hard to reset the router, my WAN computer stays on 24/7 and is always connected and averages about 30Mbps speed with the router.

i have wireless and just replaced the router and cable modem cause of the dang storm.

other than that it works swell.

i definately wouldn't go back to cords cause i hate wire messes.

thancks guys, ill try see if i can get a pci card, can someone post a cheap 1 so i have an idea what thye look like, and do they go into them realy small slots near the graphics card?

I have to amit that my apple airport card has never been turned off for re-booting. It's as stable as ****, as is the apple airport car I use. Has a Linksys wireless network point hooked up as well, but even though that was G, we took it out of service because it kept disconneting. Overheating does seem to be a problem with wireless kit- woner how long it'll be before manufacturers start aing fans to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom