Wireless Internet wired network problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jejyman

Beta member
Ok so I am staying at a friends house and he has a laptop with wireless internet, I however have a Desktop with no wireless internet (no wireless card). But I do have a 4-port network box, so we set up a Local Area Network, and finally got it so we both showed up in the workgroup. Now how do I share his internet? I would assume it possible but... I seems abit out of my knowledge of comp networking.... :(
Thnx For the Help
-Jejy

Not enough information, what exactly is this wireless Internet? Are there any device involve in providing him this wireless connection? What is the brand and model of your 4 port "network box". And what OS are both computers running.

I apologize for my nomenclature being a bit off, but he is recieving wireless internet through his wi-fi card. We are using Windows. It is a Linksys 4 port Router (coudn't think of that earlier). But all I want to know is how can he share his internet connection with me.

Tell him to enable Internet Connection Sharing on his internet connection. Should work, if not im sorry.

ok nto sure if it will work if hes recieving his through wireless but worth a try...go to START>ALL PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>COMMUNICATIONS>NETWORK SETUP WIZARD do this on both computers and follow instructions. when you do it on his laptop you should set it as his computer connects directly to the internet and other computers connect through that machine (will say sumthign on those lines and for your pc you will select this machiens conects to the internet using a residential gateway through another computer or somethign like that. then on his machine you will need to select his wireless card as the means of connection and on you pc you will need to select your LAN car i think..any problems post back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom