Wireless Internet Cutting in and out

VirtualDrone

In Runtime
My internet has been cutting in and out, this happens about every 5 mins or so and then it reconnects. The weird thing is I haven't changed anything. So far i have tried repairing the connection, reconnecting manually, moving the actually unit around, and i did all my spyware and virus scans. Any other ideas on how to fix this??

I had the same problem when I first set up wireless on my PC, Is this a PC or laptop? if its a PC then go to your routers website and try updating the firmware, if you are using a wireless LAN card try updating the drivers,
Make sure your router is high up and clear of any obstructions so there is nothing that could be blocking the signal.

Thanks for the suggestions, but that might be a little hard as i got a whole new problem. First of all yes it is a pc, but now it won't connect at all. I search for the network connections, find mine, enter the password and try to connect but now i get an error message saying that the network is no longer in range, even though the only thing seperating the two points is a floor and maybe 15 feet of distance. I have had everything the same for the last year and a half and i just starting getting this error messages.

You may have a faulty router I think you should try it on another computer or try connecting to the net with another modem, can you connect via a LAN cable to see if that works, If it does then your wireless card maybe faulty.

Well i don't have another computer that i could try it on, and i don't have a lan line either. This is the the error message i get,

"windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of avaiable networks, and try to connect again"

How can it be faulty though? It can still find the network just not connect. And i haven't done anything that would make it faulty ex. dropping it

It might be your ISP server is down for repair or an upgrade, have you tried contacting them to see if it is them , who is your ISP? go to their website and see if there help&support have any remedies for this type of fault, the only other thing that springs to mind is that its the wrong password.

It might be your ISP server is down for repair or an upgrade, have you tried contacting them to see if it is them , who is your ISP? go to their website and see if there help&support have any remedies for this type of fault, the only other thing that springs to mind is that its the wrong password.

When windows says it can't connect to the network its referring to the local network and not the ISP connection. If it was the ISP connection, the network would up and running ( if your going through a router ), but no internet.

Try reseting the router. Press the little button on the back of it with a pin for about 3-5 seconds, and it should reset, and reset all of its settings. When I got similar error messages I just jacked up the signal voltage. Now I get full signal even in the basement! :)

When windows says it can't connect to the network its referring to the local network and not the ISP connection. If it was the ISP connection, the network would up and running ( if your going through a router ), but no internet.

Try reseting the router. Press the little button on the back of it with a pin for about 3-5 seconds, and it should reset, and reset all of its settings. When I got similar error messages I just jacked up the signal voltage. Now I get full signal even in the basement! :)
Yep, in Vista if the ISP is down but the router works it'll just say Access: Local only.

I see your point, so he will need to reconfigue his router I had not thought of that.:)

Back
Top Bottom