Wireless High speed is acting like f***ing dialup please help!!!

Ams

In Runtime
I'm in middle of a css game when the phone rings and my game freezes up and have to wait for it to stop to play again. But now recently my mom was on the phone and the network was down the whole time. I reset the router modem main computer nothing worked. She got off restarted everything and it worked. What is going on with my network? Please help me I would really appreciate it. You have no idea how frusterating this is.
Thanks

I'm in middle of a css game when the phone rings and my game freezes up and have to wait for it to stop to play again. But now recently my mom was on the phone and the network was down the whole time. I reset the router modem main computer nothing worked. She got off restarted everything and it worked. What is going on with my network? Please help me I would really appreciate it. You have no idea how frusterating this is.
Thanks

You know those filters you are supposed to put on all your phones? Well yeah, forgot one.

No I have regular phones. I use rogers.
And what do you mean by filters and what do they do?
Thanks

If I recall back when I had a Phone internet service I had to get 2 Phone lines so I could be online and talking on the phone at the same time.

Are you using one Phone line through the whole house? If so your going to have to get another.

NVM, your talking about VOIP.

No I have regular phones. I use rogers.
And what do you mean by filters and what do they do?
Thanks
That explains it.

I've heard of thousands of problems with Rogers [Cable] Home Phone and every other Rogers service that has ever existed, especially here in Newfoundland. I'm assuming you have Rogers Hi-Speed too?

So you ARE or ARE NOT using VOIP? If you are not, and your mom was talking on a cordless phone, you may be getting interference from that being on the same frequency. What frequency is the cordless and what frequency are you connecting to on your router? If you are on Wireless G then you connecting at 2.4ghz. If your cordless phone is the same frequency and is anywhere in between you and your wireless AP then that is probably your issue.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom