Wired connection keeps becoming an unidentified network.

pavesib

Beta member
So basically I have had this computer for just over a year now and have never had this problem. It is something that has literally started in the last 4/5 days.

I turn on my computer, everything is working perfectly fine, then on average after about 20 minutes my wired connection will have no internet access. I've tried testing it to see whether it is certain applications triggering it, for example I thought it may be steam or battlenet. But regardless after 10-30 minutes I will lose my internet access. I restored my computer to the last time it worked which was the beginning of the week and that has not changed anything.

I cannot figure out what the problem might be, I do use a TP-LINK homeplug for my wired connection, I have a 3 of them in total and with all 3 the same thing happened. Yet they work for the other computers around the house so I do not think it is that. All my wired PC's are working and all wireless devices are remaining connected. it is just my computer having this problem.

I have searched the web and cannot figure it out as there seem to be slightly similar problems but never the exact same problem hence this thread.

Even though I would consider myself to understand computers to a certain extent, basic language would still be appreciated or as simple as can be.

Much Appreciated!

p.s. I would just like to point out that I have just restarted my PC again and gone to network and sharing and the active network now has changed from Home Network to a Unidentified Public Network. I did not change this at all. I am using my laptop as I cannot connect to the forums for the reasons above.

Below is the ipconfig /all from the CMD prompt after it has disconnected.

C:\Users\Ben>ipconfig /all
Windows IP Configuration

Host Name......:Ben-PC
Primary Dns Suffix......:
Node Type......: Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled......: No
WNS Proxy Enabled.....: No
DNS Suffix Search List.......: home

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection specific DNS Suffix:
Description.....: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address......: C8-60-00-CC-DB-2B
DHCP Enabled.......: Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled....: Yes
Link-local Ipv6 Address.....: fe80::2d0c:37e9:eef1:7d82x16(preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address.......: 169.254.125.130(Preferred)
Subnet Mask......: 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway.....:
DHCPv6 IAID.....: 281567232
DHCPv6 Client DUID......: 00-01-00-01-19-D2-37-0B-C8-60-00-CC-DB-2B

DNS Servers......: fec0:0:0:ffff::1x1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2x1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3x1
NetBIOS over Tcpip....: Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{9066B862-46B2-4870-9528-76BB9A05F1BF}:

Media State......: Media Disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix :
Description......: Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address.....: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled.......: No
Autoconfiguration Enabled.....: Yes

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Media State.....: Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix:
Description......: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address......: 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled......: No
Autoconfiguration.....: Yes

sounds like either your onboard network interface card drivers are out of date or that it died. if you have a spare NIC lieing around I would try that. You have no default gateway enabled and your DNS server allocation looks suspicious. you might perform a dns flush ipconfig /flushdns and see if that helps, but I would lean more towards driver or bad nic

No DHCP from the powerline adapter. Take one of the other powerline adapters you said you had and try that. If you don't get the same problem then the powerline adapter you were using is junked on you.

Back
Top Bottom