Wipe a drive, low tech style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krinje

Beta member
I have a drive that in advertantly got a HDDPassword on it (Hard Drive Lock), i don't know what the PW, i'm prepared to buy a new drive anyway, BUT is their the posibility that i can manualy (Very Powerful Electro Magnet) (yes i have one) wipe the drive and be able to use it after, or will the EM simply render it fuctionless?

This is a last ditch effort to make the drive useable again, b/c of lock nothing will work, absolutely nothing, belive me i have tried every form of wipe.

Won't work. The problem is on a chip embedded on the hard drive with the encrypted password that has locked the drive. Magnetic wipe won't do anything to fix the problem. You're done. Use the new drive.

Try a bootable partitioner. If all else fails, then smash it with a hammer. Very good stress-reliever. I prefer to open the drives first, then smashing all the parts individually. Start with the caseing, and work your way to the read/write head (make nice ear-rings), and finish with the actual disc. fyi, dont try to get your dog to catch the disc. Its not a frisbee. Its very heavy, and the dog will try.

EDIT:

in advertantly is one word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom