WinXP continuously restarting on loadup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghent2

Beta member
I load up windows XP and when I get to the screen where windows is loading with the bar going across and back.. after a few seconds of that it just resets itself.

I am able to load in safe mode. But no other modes will work (debugg, last known best configuration etc...) Im not sure what to look for here. Nothing seems out of ordinary.

I cant do a winxp repair because it asks for the admin password and I could swear I never made one... so im SOL there.

Any other ideas?

get into safe mode. right click my computer. click properties. click advanced tab. click settings button under startup and recovery. uncheck auto restart under system failure. reboot. write down error. post error here.

I now get the blue screen of death.

Stop error:

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xBA978507, 0xF78D6480, 0xF78D6180)

I think go under safe mode backup.Then reinstall but I can't understant that so maybe it is hardware related.

HOw many memory sticks installed? If you have two, switch them out and see If you have a bad memory stick. Ohterwise, pull all PCI cards and try to boot. Insert each one in progression. If it is a pci card failure, it won't take you long to find out which one is the culprit. If not hardware...reinstall windows after saving data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom