winword.exe trojan

ddman

Baseband Member
How do i remove winword.exe from running?

I couldn't find it on hijackthis, ad aware, spybot search and destroy or the msconfig startup...

I believe it is a trojan, because it uses up to 70% of my CPU!!

And normally on idle i only use 2%... i ahve a 2 gig system with an X2 3800+ processor... I think this is a trojan.

It's Microsoft Word, not a trojan.

There's a nifty little thing on the net called Google, you should try it :)

Deathstar said:
It's Microsoft Word, not a trojan.

There's a nifty little thing on the net called Google, you should try it :)

That's true, but it shouldn't be using 70% of the CPU.

if you use HTML in Outlook it can leave winword.exe running when you exit, there are several other instances of this sort of thing in the google results I got for winword.exe lol

This reminds me of the fake virus alert that went around in the 98 days, it told you to look for certain icons in the system32 folder and delete them, they were windows system files, you'd be surprised how many people ran off and deleted them then wondered why their windows wouldn't boot tff lmao

Strange,

Never heard/seen that happen, until now of course. :)

Still... It would pay to do virus scans, just to be safe. Might pick up some other nasties in the process.

see above ...... one of them I remember was a black elephant icon (I think) it allowed 98 to handle file names over xxxx amount of characters long, I can remember the outhers, they got nicknamed auto virus iirc

Will windows system restore, or a program like goback work?>

The wierd noise the high CPU usage by winword.exe in idle only occured a couple days ago..

SO if did a restore back 3 days, would that fix the trojan?

"Note: winword.exe is a process which is registered as a trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer from remote locations, stealing passwords, Internet banking and personal data. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system."

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/winword/

That should work. Besides, it can't hurt to give it a try.

Edit: The website you provided looks dodgy... so I wouldn't trust it.

Back
Top Bottom