Winodws 7

If it does come out in the second half of 2009, it would be right on schedule with all the other windows releases. Microsoft USE To come out with a new OS approximately every 3 years. And if you take the original planned release date for vista, Windows 7 is right on schedule.

And its not unbelievable they had a Windows 7 team starting while Vista was finishing up. And I said that MinWin was just the kernel, meaning the base. Thats pretty much what kernel means.

The reason why Vista is a 'failure' is because we all thought it was going to be new and revolutionary. And except for a few minor changes in the actual OS, a new GUI, widgets, its really nothing new. Its nice, but falls very short of what we expected and what we were told it would be.

I think Microsoft and OEM manufacturers should give consumers the choice whether they want XP or Vista instead of shoving Vista down our throats. If I had the choice, I'd go back to XP just because it's easier on memory and still it's more compatible. Also it's easier to network with other PCs, Vista and XP don't like to network together for some reason.

tru.

vista looks nice, i give it that. its got some really nifty bells and wistles

but for the most part, i dont like it too much, windows is always crashing on me, i get kicked on BF2 for a dissalowed driver, the list goes on and on

if you mean you kicked for the wrong os privliges ,right click bf2.exe,
security and tick all the right boxes

I think Microsoft and OEM manufacturers should give consumers the choice whether they want XP or Vista instead of shoving Vista down our throats. If I had the choice, I'd go back to XP just because it's easier on memory and still it's more compatible. Also it's easier to network with other PCs, Vista and XP don't like to network together for some reason.
Several major pc makers now offer Vista to XP roll back with their new pc's.

I just hope Windows 7 finally brings WinFS to the table, it was supposed to be the "big improvement" in Vista but wasn't up to scratch when Vista was released so it was omitted. That's why Vista is seen to be just a "theme for XP"

I'll change to Vista64 (probably dual boot for a while) once SP1 is included in the os disks.

Several major pc makers now offer Vista to XP roll back with their new pc's.

I just hope Windows 7 finally brings WinFS to the table, it was supposed to be the "big improvement" in Vista but wasn't up to scratch when Vista was released so it was omitted. That's why Vista is seen to be just a "theme for XP"

I'll change to Vista64 (probably dual boot for a while) once SP1 is included in the os disks.

If they want to save their tech reputation they will. Also the fact that the WinFS project was never entirely cancelled may mean that they're planning on putting it in. The applications are limitless. Imagine your typing a letter to print and mail, and by typing "Dear John Doe" at the top it automatically searches your contacts for John Doe, pulls up their address and with one button you can print out an envelope with all that information on it. That would be cool.

If you don't know what WinFS is, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcfLONH_Yrk

Its about unifying applications, so that its seamless. So that you don't have 20 independent applications, but rather one working together to do what you want to do. Kinda cool.

WinFS is Windows Future Storage, it was to be a totally new file system, as different to NTFS as NTFS was to FAT.

I'm sure it is still an ongoing project.

Wiki said:
WinFS was billed as one of the pillars of the "Longhorn" wave of technologies, and would ship as part of the next version of Windows. It was subsequently decided that WinFS would ship after the release of Windows Vista, but those plans were shelved in June 2006, with some of its component technologies being integrated into upcoming releases of ADO.NET and Microsoft SQL Server.[3] While it was then assumed by observers that WinFS was done as a project, in November 2006 Steve Ballmer announced that WinFS was still in development, though it was not clear how the technology was to be delivered.[4]

SOURCE

Sounds very interesting.

I know alot of people who are happy with vista so I can see them releaseing a new os as soon as 2009 to be honest but we will have to wait and see

I have had Vista since it came out and I have had no dramas at all, I wouldn't go back to XP. I remember when XP came out there was the same sort of things said about XP then.

Back
Top Bottom