Winodws 7

nothing wrong with vista.. i use vista and XP, prefer vista personally.. however that computer is, well, broken.. so im on the laptop (also easier to have a laptop) but vista is a very good OS..

Several major pc makers now offer Vista to XP roll back with their new pc's.

I just hope Windows 7 finally brings WinFS to the table, it was supposed to be the "big improvement" in Vista but wasn't up to scratch when Vista was released so it was omitted. That's why Vista is seen to be just a "theme for XP"

I'll change to Vista64 (probably dual boot for a while) once SP1 is included in the os disks.

True. I did look at some laptops with XP but it was another 150 bucks in some cases to get XP instead of Vista. Too bad HP isn't one of them, my laptop would really scream with XP. It handles vista with no problem now that it's got more RAM, but I just prefer XP since it seems to have all the little flukes worked out of it.

WinFS is Windows Future Storage, it was to be a totally new file system, as different to NTFS as NTFS was to FAT.

I'm sure it is still an ongoing project.

SOURCE

It's important to note though the difference between NTFS and WinFS. WinFS is not a file system, rather a new way of tagging data to be used in more useful manners. It is built on top of NTFS; and doesn't change in any way how data are actually stored. Rather just how they're accessed and used in conjunction with each other.

The reason Vista is a failure isn't because its bad. Their are a lot of nice things about it. I would definitely say its better than XP. But so much was cut and left out. Like WinFS, which would literally be revolutionary. Nothing like that has been done before. I'm excited for Windows 7.0 which is just getting off the ground, much more so than I am about Vista in its current state.

I hope windows 7 isn't as RAM hungry as Vista because vista is really laggy on 1GB RAM.

I don't understand the way some people think really. People want the lastest fastest best newest technology but when it won't run on their older hardware they get the shits and say this o/s is shit it lags on my ram. Remember pre XP..people had their 128 or 256Mb ram...they all whinned and complained that they needed 512 Mb to make it go better..they whined about bugs and they weren't going to get it till service pack 1. Notice a pattern? Ok one thing people need to come to terms with now. Every microsoft o/s will no doubt need higher specs to run it. It is a fact of the computer industry ..people need to deal with that concept. It's not a new concept. People will happily upgrade their hardware every 6 months without complaint so they can play the latest games....yet ask them to do that for an o/s and the sh%t hits the fan..

Back
Top Bottom