Winner of the "World's Best Job" chosen out of 35K

Status
Not open for further replies.

synergy

Fully Optimized
British man wins Australian island dream job

A bungee jumping, ostrich-riding British charity worker was named the winner Wednesday of what's been dubbed the "Best Job in the World" — a six-month contract to serve as caretaker of a tropical Australian island.

Ben Southall bested nearly 35,000 applicants from around the world for the dream assignment to swim, explore and relax on Hamilton Island in the Great Barrier Reef while writing a blog to promote the area.

The 34-year-old was selected for the 150,000 Australian dollar ($111,000) gig by officials from the tourism department of Queensland state.
I'm so freakin' jealous! I would seriously love to "work" there! I've heard about this before and was like "meh", but I didn't really pay attention to the pay either. $110K+ for 6 months of work...:eek:

Nah the best job in the world is being a mythbuster. They pay you to blow **** up.
Yea, that would be a really cool *** job. But lounging around on a tropical island for over $100K a year is still better IMO.

I mean seriously... what could this guy have to complain about?

"Oh my god!!! I'm so... sick and tired of my job... everyday... I swim, explore and relax... swim, explore, relax.... AND THEN I HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT IT???"

For once can't I just drive around on the back of a garbage truck and empty garbage cans at 4'oclock in the morning? Or... Can I just wash the dishes at some diner until 6am? god...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom