Windows XP Won't Boot: File Missing or Corrupt: WINNT\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

Here goes nothin. I have read many posts in order to solve my own computer problems. I am a mortgage banker with a home office network. I am my own free IT department. I have gone from 0 to flash bios in 5minutes flat. (small joke for all you real techies) anyway,

I have been all over the net about this unmountable boot volume thing. Which apparently is a chkdsk/bootex.log issue. I have bought pr.exe and backedup my MBR, reinstalled with no luck. I installed gag and now I can't get past that screen. and of course I can't direct access the c:drive. I get the infamous blue screen. as someone else said. I don;t want to reformat and would prefer not to waist more work time by installing the HDD to another compute etc This is the second time this has happened. With all these threads my head is spinning with options, however I'll let you folks do what you do best and I'll do the rest. I am relatively proficient. I'm not an expert or a novice. Novice++?? Help

I know how you feel but unfortunately I think there is only one option. Might as well get a head start on your HDD. After you reformat just watch what you're doing with your adware and spyware programs. They can delete important files that will disable your Windows. Sorry it had to come to this.

Back
Top Bottom