Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... A mistake or assistant?

dyserq

Fully Optimized
I downloaded SP2 recently and i haven't been able to get some program functioning properly, such as Nero, i had to download an update for copatibility reasons.

Any other programs which have the same problem?

I think it's the Windows Firewall that makes some of the programs dead in their tracks (NOrton products, some games, etc). SP2 enables the firewall feature automatically and you just have to add the program to its exception list to work.

sp2 is great, I've never had any problems with it. the firewall usually asks if you would like to keep blocking or unblock any thing that it is blocking... if not then you can manually do it as TRDCorolla said.

I'm perfectly happy with sp2, not once had a problem ;)

don't settle for the firewall that comes with windows go with zonealarm it's free and better and safer. lol.

I hated zonealarm.... blocks pretty much everything you can think of, and just really gets in your way.

dyserq said:
I downloaded SP2 recently and i haven't been able to get some program functioning properly, such as Nero, i had to download an update for copatibility reasons.

Any other programs which have the same problem?
All the latest versions of Nero are compatable with Service Pack 2. Download the latest version here:
http://www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php

I have SP2 and it is great, all of my programs work fine, and I like the firewall. I don't even have an anti-virus program now.

BanChan said:
I have SP2 and it is great, all of my programs work fine, and I like the firewall. I don't even have an anti-virus program now.
You should get a AV programme back on your computer, as you are not protected against virus's because you have SP2's firewall running. You have a disaster waiting to happen...

Get a free versison of Avast AV here:
http://www.avast.com/

^
Well I've had no Anti-Virus for 1 year and a half now. Nothing has happened at all, I do a spyware search like every 4 months and the only thing that comes up is my p2p network application. So I haven't gotten spyware or a virus in a year and a half. So I don't need an AV.

Back
Top Bottom