Windows XP Professional Edition Limitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedimaster24

Beta member
Greetings and salutations fellows! I have been researching on Windows XP Professional Edition operating system from many perspectives from its developers to its users and have not been able to have a rough gauge on its limitations about its figures and numbers according to its maximum value supporting protocols. My question is that “Does Windows XP Professional Edition Service Pack 3 on a P4 2.4 GHz 4 GB RAM with 80 GB PATA HDD {windows installed on PATA Drive} and 2 TB SATA HDD has any limitations on the number of an average of 200 MB softwares or programs that can be installed on the system before it starts to overload or slow down. I know it depends on a lot of factors but I need someone to humor me in a hypothetical situation; just wanted to know how many programs i can install because i use a lot of programs, is there a limit to the number of programs? my desktop is slowing down so i need to know whether it depends on the size of the windows folder or the registry entries. My windows folder is 12 GB and there are no errors or viruses; i have done all of the maintenance and optimization services, but my torrent has suddenly started malfunctioning by giving a definite or absolute memory leak with the hard disk slinging and thrashing. I have Bitdefender Antivirus Pro 2011 installed as well and it is working fine and did not slow down the system before plus i have removed all secondary non-essential programs that run at start up and in windows services. I have also scanned the system using 6 different kinds of antivirus softwares with spywares, firewalls, malwarebytes, removal tools and been monitoring the system using process explorer and hijack this {I uninstalled all of the security suites so now there is just one bitdefender antivirus}, but there is no understanding why the system would slow down, when there are only 40 processes running instead of the usual 90 processes that i used to run before when the system never slowed down. My system has 240 programs installed in it and it was working fine until the torrent started overloading the system; if i pause the torrent the system goes back to a normal state, so my question in technical terms would be: “Does the installing of 240 programs result in the overload of the registry?” The reason i am asking this question is that there is no other possibility as i have fully scanned and tuned the system getting rid of all the garbage and there are no extra processes running except the system processes, so if there is an experienced person out there, you're help would be greatly acknowledged, thank you very much and farewell.

do you defrag your hard drive regularly?
if not it's probably because your hard drive is seeking files/free space all over.

No there is no limit. Plain and simple you already found the cause but neglect to admit to it.

Your "torrent" is the cause. You flat out say that if you leave it on you have problems but if you turn it off you do not. Therefore it has nothing at all to do with the 240 programs you have installed. It has everything to do with the "torrent" you are in the process of downloading.

you have to remember, torrenting involves taking litttle bits of files from multiple users at a time and then putting them back together in a sequenced order. possibly a comination of an old computer doing this task + the number of network connections being processed is too much for an older box, never tried it. but if you turn torrents off and its fine, then theres your cause

my question is primarily directed towards knowing the reason for slow performance as i have uninstalled torrent as well, and the system functions normally only when it is idle or i am using one heavy program at a time, but as soon as i start multitasking with more than one program like using six heavy programs at a time the system runs out of RAM {BSOD (page_fault_in_non_paged_area)} or goes into a freezing mode dead lock which never used to happen before, so my question is that when 240 installations of programs are done how does the windows xp professional edition operating system has a decrease in it's performance spectrum meaning what is happening in it's back hand when it slows down? p.s. i have optimized the system, drives, registry, programs, files, tools and tasks fully using every software on the planet so it is definitely not an issue of maintenance and i have permanently stopped all processes in msconfig and services so that only basic necessary ones are loaded; has windows reached it's limit of nominal functionality? thank you very much in advance for your guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom