Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2

Matthew2

Beta member
I have bought Win XP Pro SP2 and installed it on one computer. When installed it said that I have 30 days before I have to activate it. I have activated it but I want to install it on the other computers in my home. What will happen if I install them and activate them?

That's correct, just like having cable service to your home , they only allow one cable box for the TV.

Unless you have satalite TV, But like everyone ..We all just use a splitter and route it to other Tv's .

But in all, if you have the cd's that came with your computer, just use the Driver's CD to install XP on the other computer's.

It should give you option to do a system restore, when you do it this way, it won't ask you to activate windows.

Or get a Trial of Server 2003 and run it off that. You won't get a 180-Day Trial of XP so it wouldn't be very useful but Server 2003 would be easy enough to format every 6 months.

Who cares about activation? Microsoft is just going to erase its activation records every 6 months.

people who want copies of windows to other hhd's, cuz it's anoining for those who don't know their way around this feature, if it's not activated in the amount of time given, then he won't be able to logon to his computer.

that is why it's good to know how to get around this feature.

Windows Genuine Advantage takes care of the Activation fun now :D Even I turned to a 180-Day Evaluation of Windows Server 2003 Enterprise because I didn't like how complicated it was to get things happening without Genuine Microsoft Software.

who said anything about pirating? people who want to put win xp on other computers just use the intall disks on their machines...just about everyone does.

Back
Top Bottom