Windows XP Pro Login?

DPtheGod

Baseband Member
Hello, on my laptop I use for school, I have Windows XP Professional installed, and whenever I start up it immediately goes to my desktop, with the Windows XP Home Edition look (for instance, when I go to shut down, I see the three buttons [switch user, turn off, log off]). Basically what I want is for the user to have to type in their username and password before accessing the computer.

I haven't done this for two years, as I just had to reformat my laptop recently.

Could someone tell me how I go about doing this? Thank you very much in advance.

Wait so you want it to be password protected?

Go to Control Panel, User Accounts, edit Account and select: Change Password. There you will be able to edit it.

Well, I also want it to look like Windows 2000, where you have the rectangle box popup where you type in your username and password, and when you go to shut down, it has the drop-down box. That's how I had it originally on my laptop, but I can't remember how I changed it. :(

you want control panel user accounts then change the way users log on and disable fast switching.

that should do it for ya

yep got it in one ^
some programs also let you make it so it needs ctrl+alt+del, but thats just pretty random.
make sure you set a password on the admin account, as its non passworded by default

Back
Top Bottom