Windows XP Issue Help Needed ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnovativeFilms

Solid State Member
So I'm fixing my friends family computer and it's really bad. Spyware up the ying yang and viruses all around. It is to the point to where it is un-repairable. So I decide I'm going to reformat and re-install windows xp. Theres only one problem though, they can't find their XP CD's.

If I bring my XP cd from home can I install it on their system? I know it will work but I'm assuming I am going to be missing a lot of drivers and such.

I have a custom built PC while they have a Compaq Presario 6000.

Also will I have to patch the activation?

I know a lot about computers. I'm just not familiar with using my xp CD on another system. Help would be appreciated ASAP as they are without a computer right now.

Ok, I am pretty sure I can patch it if I need to. But will the thing install correctly? If so will I be missing drivers?

Thanks for the program. The only problem I think that is going to happen is when I have to activate the program it will say "duplicate key".

yeah i think you will have to dodge the activation lol there are a number of "tools" to get around the activation just do a google search but be prepared for websites with a lot of advertising and crap they force upon you and your computer.. this is my storage site where i put files for ppl to get and ill put a xp file on ther for a little while if u want to check it out (no it isnt a virus but u can check it youself if you want.. i got it from lomalka.ru) here is my site look under stuff

Look on the computer's case. Many pre-built computers have the key on a sticker somewhere on the case.

Usually it is found on either side or the back. Possibly on the inside of the door.

My key is on the front of the case, inside the little slide-up door that covers the USB ports.

you can use another person xp cd to reinstall windows (i've done it a million times). you just have to use their key to activate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom