Windows XP Installation

FuRgy

BSOD
Okay, I've just got a windows XP Proffesional disc and so i put it in and clicked on setup. it all installs fine but during the setup it says taht sum harware may not be compatible with WINXP. This is what it said-
the following hardware might need additional files to work with windows XP

DOT 4HPZ12
DOT4 SETUP HP008 HP PSC 2100 SERIES
DOT4PRINTHPZ12
DOT4USB HPZ12
IMAGING DEVICE
MODEM CXT 1036-HCF PCI MODEM
SOUND VIDEO AND GAME CONTROLLERS-3DFX VOODOO 3500 TV

software that does not support WINXP

3DFX TOOLS

i think this needs i need to go t osum website and downlaod drivers for WINXP????
sorry but i am new to this whole thing so can sum1 plz explain to me what u do????

computer_noob said:
Okay, I've just got a windows XP Proffesional

Is it legal?

OK, if it isn't legal then it's got lots of bugs in it. Dose the product key start with FCKGW? <--- (from the top of my head - I once ran an illigal copy of xp por on this machine :eek: )

All illigal versons are blacklisted from using Windows update (MS can get your product key when using Winupdate.

That's enouth abot using an illigal copy.
Anyways:

I would stick to the OS your using at the moment as it is compatible with all (WINDOWS) software you can get.

Also,WINME is more stable than a WINXP machine with over 256MB ram.

My computer flies with WINME, 666mhz celeron, 320meg PC100 ram,
20gig hardrive.

So, I wouldn't recomend XP.

Can The same copy of WINDOWS XP (with the same CD Key) be used on 2 different computers?

hay noob, if you dont have the video drivers for xp it will not work.
yes you can use the same CD key for 2 computers

Video drivers for XP....video drivers for my hardware????
where can i get these????

k i dont get this. for ym display thing i am runniong 3dfx. I go to their website..then what????
plz i really need help

Once you finish intallying does it go through the setup process after you restart. If so complete that. Then when in Xp download the drivers for your video card, sound card, modem, motherboard and ect.

Yes, i does restart and says setup completed successfully....but then it restarts AGAIN and after the indows XP Loading screen the screen is just black. It stays like that for ages so i cannot boot up to windows. so i had to reset. boot in safemode then remove XP and return to ME where i coyuld then boot up normally.
I think it does this because i dont have the correct display drivers or something???

Back
Top Bottom