windows xp install help

bobert1

BSOD
astrix please dont close this one its not the same.

ok my xp crashed last week and i cant get past the windows xp loding not even in safe mode . i have booted the xp disk and trying to install it again. i got to the screen where im a confused it askes if i want to install on a partiton or unpartiton i think . i dont no what to chose . should i deleat the c: partition and then install there. PLEASE HELP. thx

If you do not have any data you wish to keep on the C: partition then yes, delete the partition, recreate the partition on the newly unpartitioned space and format it.

i have lots of stuff i need to keep on my c drive if i delete it will i get rid of all my stuff

is there any way at all i can reintall windows and not deleat mystuff. there was also the other option you push R and it goes into windows recovery it ased for D:miniNT
D:carnt rembert
C:System.
i clicked c system but nothing happend

you need to do a repair install over the top of your existing installation, DON'T delete the partition, just install it on the existing one.

got somthing else of the internet to go into recovery and type c:/ WINDOWS/bootcfg. to fix the boot.ini . what should i choose to fix that

Whats the problem your having? That solution might have nothing to do with your problem mate. Are you getting any errors when you boot the pc?

Back
Top Bottom