Windows XP help

CageKennylz

Beta member
I am having a problem with win XP, When i restart my PC it shuts down like usuall but when it goes to re boot the computer dosent seem to do anything so i have to hold the reset button on my pc tower for a few seconds and when it start to boot it gives me a message saying "Your pc tried booting several times before" and starts counting back from 10 which either takes me to a page saying
-Run in safe mode
-Run in safe mode with command prompt
-Use last configuration that worked

etc etc

I was running XP service pack 2 until this morning when i installed XP pro and it is still doing it.
How can i fix it? Is it perhaps a problem with hardware or wrong wiring inside my pc?

All comments appreciated

thanks

Dont take this as the absolute problem for your computer but it could possibly be that your power supply is dieing. To me it seems like you aren't getting enough power to all of the hardware or the powersupply is taking a long time to put out a charge. If you have access to another computer that you can take apart, take the power fupply from that and hook it up to your computer, well that is if that power supply is powerful enough to handle all of the hardware in your computer.

Thanks for the replies.
I am currently running a P4 3Ghz and i replaced the power supply about 3-4 months ago which is a 450 watt

Back
Top Bottom