Windows XP delayed startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

nev

Baseband Member
Hi,
My PC takes a long time to start up. I'm using windows XP. Any ideas?
Thanks
Nev

Heres the most common.

Go to start, run, type msconfig, go to the startup tab, click disable all except your av or fw if you have them, reboot.

do the common virus-spyware check, than open msconfig again and go to services. Find a site explaining each process that works in the background and find the ones you need- dont need. Also what are your comp specs?

Yeah...I did that too. Anyway, I noticed that on the day this problem started, my E: wasnt working at all and a lot of the memory was draining. So I opened up my computer and pulled out the E: (which was very very tightly fitted in) and noticed that part of the plastic inside was sort of melted. Now my computer is ok...but who knows .
Any suggestions?
Nev

go to start-accessories-windows explorer-right click on C drive- untick the box to allow indexing service.

Indexing service makes it faster when you search C drive, but makes it slower to load windows & games & files.

also go to start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager>double click on your disk drives>right click on C drive & select properties>go to policies tab> click on optimize for performance and tick enable cache writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom