windows xp clock problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomc102968

In Runtime
the clock on my computer windows xp cant keep the time right anymore? it seems everyday it falls behind an hour(ironically this weekend thats not a bad thing ) any ideas.
thanks
tom

Have you tried replacing your CMOS battery on your motherboard? That's usually a main cause of it. Could also possibly be spyware/viruses.

you know, its funny because i have had the same problem for well over a year

only mine falls behind 3 hours....

and i just updated the motherboard/cpu/ram and freshly installed xp=)

so its not a battery or OS prob...... lol its weird though right?

maybe though- your bios is set to a different time than windows???

just a thought...

I stopped using Azureus a long time age because it caused my clock to lose time. I have Windows time set to check the Internet time every 6 hours rather the default once a week.

Dude...!!! i got the same problem with xp. the clock falls behind by an hour. my cmos battery is hardly a month old.

yeah thats what i thought, if the bios is set to a different time---

like the bios says 1pm, and you set windows to the correct time, 2pm

then a week later windows updates the time, and it gets set back an hour??

i dont know , but this is the only thing i can think of=-P

yeah thats what i thought, if the bios is set to a different time---

like the bios says 1pm, and you set windows to the correct time, 2pm

then a week later windows updates the time, and it gets set back an hour??

i dont know , but this is the only thing i can think of=-P

Does your area observe daylight savings time? Clocks were set back an hour this weekend.

^ And I heard in many cases Windows was setting them a week to a month earlier than they should have been.

That is because that is when daylight savings used to end or begin or w/e... There WAS a patch released to update it, but it seems that it has caused a few clocks to keep going back an hour or so every now and then... Manually set the time in your BIOS if possible, and change the battery for a fresh one, just to rule it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom