Windows XP - Aquiring Network Address Problems

I had this exact same problem with my mothers old XP laptop trying to connect to my router.

Just for testing purposes try disabling your security on your router so it is completely open and unsecure and see if it connects.

If it does try re-enabling it but with old fashioned WEP.

I found my mums laptop wouldn't connect to my router when I had it set as WPA-PSK2 but if I changed it to WEP it connected.

I had this exact same problem with my mothers old XP laptop trying to connect to my router.

Just for testing purposes try disabling your security on your router so it is completely open and unsecure and see if it connects.

If it does try re-enabling it but with old fashioned WEP.

I found my mums laptop wouldn't connect to my router when I had it set as WPA-PSK2 but if I changed it to WEP it connected.

Thats the reason I asked about security on the router...

I have had success! I ended up wiping the computer and re-installing all systems and drivers. It was time consuming but eventually I managed to get a connection, and the internet is running on the computer with a very nice speed.
Thanks once again for everyones time and help, I have learnt so much about Dynamic, Static, IP Stacks, DNS Caches, Cmd, and all sorts. What a learning process! :)

Back
Top Bottom