Windows XP Activation Question

alexisonfire

Beta member
Alright, my brother bought a Windows XP professinol OP disk awhile ago. Anyways I was wondering if I could still use that disk for my computer. I know you have to activate it but could I still activate it on my computer if my brother activated it on his?

Thanks in advance!

You dont have to activate windows xp if you dont want to. Its an optional thing.

^^If you don't activate your account it stops working after a certain amount of time.

And Nikeus, I read that and correct me if I'm wrong but, if I just tell microsoft I'm upgrading I can use it on my computer. Also does this activation cost anything?

Hmm never heard of it stops working. I have never experienced such nonense. But then again I do install a fresh copy every month or so.

My friend has had his installed for a long time now and he hasnt activated his.

activating xp doesn't cost anything. It is true that if you don't activate within 90 days it will expire, and the os won't work. I think you can activate it on your comp because you are allowed to activate 3 times per disk.

there are cracks out there for the activation(which i have never tried), however, its just easier to dl the corp versions as you can easily update these even to sp2.

Back
Top Bottom