Windows xp 2007 sp2 x64

fredstek

Baseband Member
Yeah i have a image of windows xp 2007 sp2 x64. so a couple of questions i wanted to ask first one is i have a AMD 3800 which im positive is a 64 bit processor. Does this mean i can run a 64 bit version of windows and if thats true what are the diferences between running a 32 bit version on a 64 bit processor and what are the things that u gain when u run a 64 bit version with a 64 bit processor? Im not sure if the current one running on my system is 32 or 64 bit but i need to reformat and so i got this 64 bit version to give it a geez and ive herd that if u have a 32 bit version with a 64 bit processor ur computer isent running as fast as it should be. But yeah the real problem here is that ive just burned the disk image to a dvd and it doesent work in boot ??? and ive allso xtracted the files to the desktop and tried just clicking the setup exe but it ses
SETUP.EXE is not a valid win32 application ? can some one please xplain all this shit to me and some other ideas or ways to get it working properly?

Thanks julz

As far as the processor 32 verses 64 bit / 32 or 64 bit version OS
I would search the sites that sell them and search reviews on the processor differences as wel as the OS difference of 32 bit verses 64 bit.

As far as buring a image of your hd, have you ever used a software called :

For Backup purposes there are :

1) Geniesoft

2) Stomp backup my pc / this link is for a review.

3) backup my pc link and a review

4) Winbackup

5) Norton Ghost

6) Acronis True Image

7) Paragon Drive Backup

8) LifeGuard

9) Backup Plus is a software for backing up cd's and data

10) Genie Backup Manager / same as # 9

11) True Image Server

12) Fast Track Backup

13) Nova Backup

I dont want to burn an image of my hard drive i want somthing to burn the image to a dvd so it starts on boot and i allso wouldent mind some one telling me what that error was that i sed at the start

yeah i did use nero version 7. i slid the iso unziped into th dvd and burnerd and it doesent get seen as a data thing on start up so yer its a wasted dvd :(

It's inder Nero Smartstart. You need to select Burn Image to disc. You might need an update though.

i looked a image thing to select and found this one thing but it just created an image of the file i selected and then put it some where els so i thaut that was the image that i now just burn onto the dvd and it will run on boot....what i fucking thaut any way !!....so yeh it dident work and thats another dvd gone :( can some one please xplain to me how to burn with nero 7 or simlar versions how to burn an image/zip file....i call it that coz i can mount it or unzip it to just the contents inside it...is that normal ? how to burn it in nero so i can make the computer notice is it when i boot

In allready tried that i just slid and droped the image into th e nero thing clicked burn on all the defaults ???? isent there some thing i should select i duno ?

its probs not a bootable disc. i cant remember how you make one but i know on my version of xp i "got hold of" it had an "autorun" text file with some lines of code simular to this: [autorun=setup.exe][icon=setup.exe]. maybe that had something to do with it. i dont really know. ive never had much luck with bootable discs

Back
Top Bottom