Windows xp 2007 sp2 x64

fredstek

Baseband Member
Yeah i have a image of windows xp 2007 sp2 x64. so a couple of questions i wanted to ask first one is i have a AMD 3800 which im positive is a 64 bit processor. Does this mean i can run a 64 bit version of windows and if thats true what are the diferences between running a 32 bit version on a 64 bit processor and what are the things that u gain when u run a 64 bit version with a 64 bit processor? Im not sure if the current one running on my system is 32 or 64 bit but i need to reformat and so i got this 64 bit version to give it a geez and ive herd that if u have a 32 bit version with a 64 bit processor ur computer isent running as fast as it should be. But yeah the real problem here is that ive just burned the disk image to a dvd and it doesent work in boot ??? and ive allso xtracted the files to the desktop and tried just clicking the setup exe but it ses
SETUP.EXE is not a valid win32 application ? can some one please xplain all this shit to me and some other ideas or ways to get it working properly?

Thanks julz

~mr mixx~

The Candyman
As far as the processor 32 verses 64 bit / 32 or 64 bit version OS
I would search the sites that sell them and search reviews on the processor differences as wel as the OS difference of 32 bit verses 64 bit.

As far as buring a image of your hd, have you ever used a software called :

For Backup purposes there are :

1) Geniesoft

2) Stomp backup my pc / this link is for a review.

3) backup my pc link and a review

4) Winbackup

5) Norton Ghost

6) Acronis True Image

7) Paragon Drive Backup

8) LifeGuard

9) Backup Plus is a software for backing up cd's and data

10) Genie Backup Manager / same as # 9

11) True Image Server

12) Fast Track Backup

13) Nova Backup

fredstek

Baseband Member
I dont want to burn an image of my hard drive i want somthing to burn the image to a dvd so it starts on boot and i allso wouldent mind some one telling me what that error was that i sed at the start

fredstek

Baseband Member
yeah i did use nero version 7. i slid the iso unziped into th dvd and burnerd and it doesent get seen as a data thing on start up so yer its a wasted dvd :(

lhuser

Golden Master
It's inder Nero Smartstart. You need to select Burn Image to disc. You might need an update though.

fredstek

Baseband Member
i looked a image thing to select and found this one thing but it just created an image of the file i selected and then put it some where els so i thaut that was the image that i now just burn onto the dvd and it will run on boot....what i fucking thaut any way !!....so yeh it dident work and thats another dvd gone :( can some one please xplain to me how to burn with nero 7 or simlar versions how to burn an image/zip file....i call it that coz i can mount it or unzip it to just the contents inside it...is that normal ? how to burn it in nero so i can make the computer notice is it when i boot

fredstek

Baseband Member
In allready tried that i just slid and droped the image into th e nero thing clicked burn on all the defaults ???? isent there some thing i should select i duno ?

dude_se

Proper Legend
its probs not a bootable disc. i cant remember how you make one but i know on my version of xp i "got hold of" it had an "autorun" text file with some lines of code simular to this: [autorun=setup.exe][icon=setup.exe]. maybe that had something to do with it. i dont really know. ive never had much luck with bootable discs