windows won't start

well i uninstalled the media controller but every time i restart windows the add hardware program pops up even though the joystick isn't even plugged in and it's been uninstalled. any ideas about that?

and i did what you said mooseman and moved my hard drive into the first position in the bios sequence and disabled everything else other than the cd-rom drive and that didn't seem to fix it either.

also, in the device manager i chose to look at the hidden devices and noticed 2 other devices with an exclamation point next to them and they were kl1 which was registered to kaspersky labs, isn't that some form of antivirus? and the other was srescan, and it won't let me view the driver details for that so i have no idea what it is.

while i was in the boot menu i looked at the system event log and found that on the day i put the new keyboard and mouse on here it had a "post error" and showed "keyboard error" next to that. do you think this has something to do with it?

oh. That could be it. There is a setting under the BIOS that makes the post hault when errors are found. If hault on keyboard is enabled, disable it and see if it works then. Sorry I cannot be more specific, I forgot the exact wording and I do not have access to a BIOS that has those options right now.

alright i'll see if i can find what you're talking about...
anyone have more specifics on mooseman's instructions?

Back
Top Bottom