Windows Vista RC1...How is yours?

GlasseyeUK

Daemon Poster
Well I got round to installing Windows Vista RC1 this afternoon, and I am pretty impressed.

It is only a little slower then my fully jam packed XP Media centre, but runs smoothly, I have the Ultimate edition installed, and there isn't much slow down but granted it is a relatively clean install still.

I had no problems with installing the latest invidia drivers, the sound drivers I needed to install manually, but they work fine now.

The only complaint I have is the continual asking if it is ok to do something, for example when deleting a file, but I am sure there must be a switch for that somewhere.

Its going to take some getting used to, looks and finding some of the functions in it, but its going well, haven't tried gaming on it tbh but will do at the weekend, am running Office 07 beta as well, and used with vista looks damn smart, have even kept the IE 7 as well, and I like it intergrated with vista.

Touch wood, it seems that microsoft might have actually done something worthwhile, but I will comment on that in a few weeks time, but for now I am pretty happy with it.

Its one of those things, time will tell.....

i love it, it's so nice

i've been using it for about 4 days now, and really dont have any complaints. i love the gadgets too

Yeah..I'm on it..im using it as my primary OS..haha..can be sluggish..but it's all good..

We need a chat man!

Sounds good. I will get the full retail version once it comes out. DId you know that Vista has native support for hybrid hard drives? Great for laptops. They use these 128 or 256MB of high speed flash memory with the spinning disks of a regular hard drive. So neat. Access time will be super duper fast.

joxley1990 said:
Yeah..I'm on it..im using it as my primary OS..haha..can be sluggish..but it's all good..

We need a chat man!

I have it as a secondary OS but it didn't cause me a few palpitations when I deactivated the primary partition, and it couldn't be detected, and realised that my activation key was still in the email, and I had forgotton to write it down Duh!!

So had to install XP again on the new partition, reactivate the C: drive, oh what fun that was, but it all installed pretty smoothly, I appear to be having a few problems playing embedded media though......

Back
Top Bottom