windows vista installation problems.

jcon891

Daemon Poster
Hello, I am trying to reinstall vista home premium on a compaq presario CQ60. I have already formatted the hard drive and it's getting through almost the entire installation and giving me an error that there are files missing and that the installation can not continue.

I read a lot about this and i believe it's due to the disk. I have an ISO image burned to a DVD.

My question... I can't get a higher quality disk right now, and I know how to flat-install vista from XP. If i do a flat installation of vista, on it's own partition, is there a way to uninstall XP and delete that partition so it looks like I never had xp on there in the first place?

If this is a bit difficult to understand, I am sorry. I might have phrased some things badly. Ask questions if you don't know what i mean.

Thank you for any help,

Joe

If you can get vista installed on a different partition you can safely delete the partition XP is on. You can use a free program called GParted live to do so. Just burn Gparted live to a CD and put it in your computer and use the GUI to delete the XP partition.

I read a lot about this and i believe it's due to the disk. I have an ISO image burned to a DVD.
Hi Joe,
Is this a pirated version of Vista you're trying to install? I sure hope not as we really can't help you with that.

Hi Joe,
Is this a pirated version of Vista you're trying to install? I sure hope not as we really can't help you with that.

Would it really matter? It wouldn't be illegal if he downloaded a copy from the internet and used a legal key, would it?

Back
Top Bottom