Windows Vista BSOD at Startup

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;757242 said:
Glad to hear you got it booting. Its possible you may have a bad memory module. I'd run Memtest86 and let it run several passes on each stick.

Also in the Bios make sure you have the correct timings and voltage set. Give that a try and report back.

Also if you could post the stop error that would help a lot.

It works perfectly on my XP but it just doesnt work well with vista for some reason..

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers? I know if you don't have the correct ones installed Vista will give you all kinds of problems. My old Asus P5n32 SLI Premium gave me all kinds of issue's until I had the latest chipset drivers installed.

Its weird its still crashing after you installed that memory hotfix. The IRQL error you listed is normally a hardware error. Meaning something is conflicting with another device on your computer. I'd check out XFX's support forums for a answer.

Its possible another device on your board is conflicting with a driver or something and causing the error. How are your CPU temps and did your maching pass the memtest86 tests?

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;757738 said:
Have you installed the latest chipset drivers? I know if you don't have the correct ones installed Vista will give you all kinds of problems. My old Asus P5n32 SLI Premium gave me all kinds of issue's until I had the latest chipset drivers installed.

Its weird its still crashing after you installed that memory hotfix. The IRQL error you listed is normally a hardware error. Meaning something is conflicting with another device on your computer. I'd check out XFX's support forums for a answer.

Its possible another device on your board is conflicting with a driver or something and causing the error. How are your CPU temps and did your maching pass the memtest86 tests?

It is working now. It seems that everytime i changed the bios settings it wouldnt start until next two restarts. So i left the bios alone and now it works everytime.

Back
Top Bottom