Windows Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayniac

Daemon Poster
I am going to reformat (no question about it) and install Windows XP. I just need to know if there are any Windows Updates that I should NOT install from the microsoft site. I know there have been things in the past that goof up your computer. Are there any I should be weary of?

As of now, since I am on DSL, I was just going to go to the Microsoft site and download everything that it tells me is high priority.

Also, I should make sure to update as much as possible on Windows before I install anything (like games or applications) right?

The big thing is knowing whether there are some updates that I should NOT install.

Install them all. They're all good. Make sure you get SP2 as well. The best thing to do is get all of the updates before installing anything else.

As for them slowing your computer, that's nonsense.

Cool beans... thanks guys.

As for some updates goofing up your computer, is that only because people update AFTER they install other files?

I totaly agree with m3trj. Just install and patch. you should have a firewall anyways. Even if its just a linksys or what ever (not really a firewall just fancey nat) but what ever. Also get a good antivirus/adaware tool, but im pretty sure MS is forcing Giant\MS antispyware on you anyways via msupates. That should be all you need.

Yeah, I'll have AVG, adaware SE, Spybot S&D, spyware doctor, and bazooka. I'll be fine when it comes to eliminating that damn spyware that I get (hopefully). Thanks guys!

Anyone who says do not install purposely want your computer weak so they can break in? I don't know but thats what I'm thinking always update windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom