Windows Update Help

Zderadicka

Baseband Member
Hi,
I have a problem with windows update on one of the computers on my network. I can run windows update and download the updates, but I cannot install. It gives an error The following failed to install: 22 Items.... I have tried all the Windows Update Troubleshooting solutions and have had no sucess. I can't figure out what to do. Any suguestions would help.
Thanks
-Zderadicka

Oh sorry about that... XP and SP1, attemping to install updates to Install SP2 but it fails everytime I try to come up to date to get SP2.

well if it doesnt work through microsoft updates and you're using a valid CD key.. then try updating SP2 from another source.. search google for SP2 downloads.. and do the SP2 update then go back and try the updates from microsoft

I am pretty sure that the key is valid but then again I just assumed it because my company installed it. I didnt think that they might get cheep. Anyways, I will try that if that doesnt work I will have to use a technique that a friend told me about.
Thanks for your input day dreamer.
-Zderadicka

Dude what i would do if i were you, is just go to the Microsoft.com web site & order the SP2 CD, it's free & they will send it to you via mail....;)

it only takes 3 to 5 days, it is a very good idea for those who don't want to fart around downloading the entire SP2 install. And for the best results, i heard that by installing it in safe mode will make shure it installs correct.

many people have there way's of installing this, but the safest way is by this means.

Back
Top Bottom