Windows Tools you use!!

The programme that has a free and paid version is called Tweeking. The free version is what repaired my computer so the Windows Store would open.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Forums

Hey Celery! Had a good nights rest. Some things are not adding up with my Toshiba lap top that I bought from Staples. I really trust Staples about has far as I can throw them. The Key on the bottom of my lap top does not match the Key that Belarc says I have. The Key on the bottom of my lap top is not valid according to that link you gave me. The Key that Belarc says I have, verifies and down loads the ISO loading tool, but does not give me a ISO file to burn to a flash drive. Here's my thoughts. Put Staples and the Chinese together and there ain't no telling what you'll get.
I've got it covered and I'm not going to worry about it. I thought it would be nice to have a W7 disc, but it didn't work out. We gave it a good shot. Thinking my next PC will be Dell.
PS Up Date! Speccy shows the same Key that Belarc shows. That tells me the one on the bottom of my PC is wrong and Staples can't be trusted. LOL

The product key at the bottom of the laptop won't be the same as the one currently activated on the PC. When a batch of PCs are built by an OEM manufacturer, they don't waste their time individually inputting separate product keys into each machine, they're all activated using a group licence. The key on the bottom of the machine is ONLY used really if you do a complete reinstall of the operating system.
Just a time saving measure by the manufacturer, nothing to do with Staples.

OK Joe! Thanks for the info. Here's more windows tools!
17 obscure Windows tools and tricks too powerful to overlook | PCWorld
The beauty of Windows lies in its flexibility and depth. In fact, Windows is so deep and flexible that many of us never touch its more powerful tools, whether from unawareness or sheer forgetfulness. But beneath Internet Explorer and the Start button hides a universe of tools and tricks that are positively brimming with potential.

Back
Top Bottom